National Incident Management System (NIMS)
FEMA offers the National Incident Management System (NIMS). NIMS was developed so responders from different jurisdictions and disciplines can work together better to respond to natural disasters and emergencies, including acts of terrorism.
The following NIMS courses are required for Active VSRDA Members:
- ICS 100: An Introduction to ICS
- ICS 200: Basic ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incident
- ICS 700: NIMS An Introduction
- ICS 800 - National Response Framework, An Introduction
- ICS 809 - Emergency Support Function (ESF) #9 - Search and Rescue